Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Hey, I didn't realize they recorded this song!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member CDNRunaways Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is there anyone out there who remember a group called Atlanta Rhythm Section?? Better still, do you still have a turntable and ARS 33's??

    If you have a 33rpm lp of Atlanta Rhythm Section, play it at 45 rpm's (the song "Imaginary Lover" would be best, but likely any would do). Who is singing now (she/her band are very popular)???

    I remember reading an interesting story in a music mag. in the late 70's. Apparently, a dj played an ARS song on the wrong speed. Everyone called the station, surprised that this well-known band recorded this song. They also weanted to know which lp they could find this song on.

    I won't mention the singer/band at this time as it may ruin the surprise for someone.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a turntable and an eight track player LOL..but alas no ARS...

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner ~*Twi*~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2001
    Posts
    1,221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember the group real well [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    CanadianGirl
    Guest CanadianGirl's Avatar

    Post

    doesnt remember

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Stephen, You may have to help us out here. I have a turntable and I remember ARS, unfortunately I don't have any of their vinyl.

    Atlanta Rhythm Section played at 45RPM sounds just like.......abktco

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CDNRunaways Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac (maybe a young Stevie Nicks, but still Stevie Nicks)!!!

    I remember a friend playing the song "Imaginary Lover" for me when the story appeared, on the wrong speed. It sure sounded like Stevie to me.

    <font color="#000000" size="1">[ August 10, 2005 11:19 PM: Message edited by: CDNRunaways Fan ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member CDNRunaways Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had no idea (I always assumed it was a Santana original), so I had to google. Wow, I had no idea Fleetwood Mac recorded it (written by Peter Green) in 1968.

    I will have to listen to early Fleetwood Mac sometime. I really am only familiar with Nicks/Buckingham version. I am sure they sound totally different from the FM as I know it, likely very bluesy.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    It seems like it would sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks!

    Interesting CDN! I love Stevie Nicks!
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Here's one for you...

    Who recorded the Santana hit "Black Magic Women" BEFORE Santana did?

    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ae32tz

    This Is One of My favorite Blues CDs

    ae331h

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •